May 1, 1843, President John Tyler signed an abstract giving certain
lands to William Carpenter. Part of this land was the site of
the present town of Trimble, MO.
1891, Amos and Dan Carpenter, William’s sons, platted their
inherited acres for a town to be called Carpenter’s Store, MO. The
first store already existed for the Carpenters owned a large general
store of the same name.
7 years, Carpenter’s Store, MO, existed as a town, but in 1898, a
lawyer, Mr. Trimble advised the good folks of Carpenter’s Store, MO
to have their town incorporated.